This delicious and easy soup recipe can be adapted countless ways to incorporate whatever fresh vegetables and herbs you have available. Be sure to add a splash of fresh lime juice right before serving to brighten the flavors!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Active cook time: 7-8 minutes (+ time to come to pressure)
Natural release: 10 minutes
1 T. extra virgin olive oil
4 large stalks celery, chopped
4 large carrots, sliced
1 medium red onion, chopped
1 t. garlic powder
1 t. chili powder
Sea salt & black pepper, to taste
6 vegetable broth, preferably organic
1 lb. red potatoes, quartered
2 whole bay leaves
1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, chopped
2 c. baby kale, roughly chopped
2 T. fresh lime juice
- Add olive oil to Instant Pot® and select the “Sauté” function. Add garlic, celery, carrots, red onion, garlic powder, and chili powder. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine.
- Sauté, stirring occasionally, until fragrant and vegetables start to turn golden brown, approximately 4-5 minutes. Add broth and stir to combine, scrapping any brown bits off the bottom of the pot in the process. Turn the unit off.
- Add potatoes, bay leaves, and chopped tomatoes to the pot. Add lid and lock into place. Switch the vent to “Sealing” and set the “Manual” setting to 3 minutes.
- When cook time is complete, allow pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, then manually release any remaining pressure.
- Remove lid and discard the bay leaves. Stir in baby kale and lime juice, and season with additional salt and black pepper, if desired. Stir to combine and serve immediately. Enjoy!